Senior Living Health Care Alternatives: Chiropractic, Acupuncture and Massage
April 30, 2018
in: Senior Living Health Care Alternatives: Chiropractic, Acupuncture and Massage,
As time goes on, humans begin to age, obviously. When aging occurs, it brings along multiple changes to the human body. The most important one being, the physical changes. The body does not function how it used to once and everything seems to be much more painful. Most of the people opt for prescribed medication to ease these pains, but these medications tend to have side effects. The last thing an aging person would want to deal with would be medication side effects.
To save yourself from these side effects, it is important to opt for alternative medication.
- Relieves stress- When your skeletal and muscular systems are not in proper position and your nervous system is not in line, your body will start to feel wonky and stressed. This leads to lots of physical and mental stress to your body. This is why it is important to keep everything balanced because then your body will feel less tensed. A chiropractor will adjust your body and your stress will be managed better.
- Improved Posture- A chiropractor will make adjustments in your alignment by tilting and curving your spine. This is especially beneficial when there is a curve in your neck. Many people have bad posture, but with the help of a good chiropractic care, your posture will be better, you will stand taller and feel stronger.
- Better Mood- After getting adjusted, balancing your body’s system will put you in a better mood. People that have chemical imbalances can get many benefits from chiropractic care. Those that are dealing with depression or those that want their mood to be better can benefit from chiropractic care.
- Feel Happier without a Reason- When fine needles are inserted in your body, endorphins are released into the body. Endorphins are known as the “natural feel good” chemicals of the body, which is why people tend to feel so relaxed and “euphoric” during and after the treatment. When they are released in your body, you will automatically feel better for no reason.
- Stronger Immune System- Many people are prone to catching colds and flues easily, which is why acupuncture needs to be done. Acupuncture strengthens the protective qi of the body that fight any invading pathogens.
- Relieving Chronic Pains- Chronic pains are another thing that acupuncture can relieve. When the endorphins are released into your body, they begin to diminish all the pain in your body. The fine needles have the ability to treat the blockages and imbalances in your energy channels in your body. This way the chronic pains of your body will start to get solved.
- Improves the Blood Circulation- Not enough walking or stretching enough can lead to lowered blood circulation. Because of this, your immune system will be weakened and your digestion will be bad as well. With the help of massages, your blood circulation will get better and you will feel more energetic.
- Fights Depression and Anxiety- Similar to acupuncture, massages help release happy hormones in your body. With the help of these happy hormones, all feelings of depression and anxiety lower. With regular massages, people begin to feel happier, less moody, and less stressed.
- Relaxes Muscles- Massage is known to relax your muscles. With the art of touching, muscles begin to relax and you will start to feel better. With the help of a good massage, all tensed muscles will be relaxed.
Diet and Exercise
When you start to age, it is important to be on a good diet always. Aging people need to eat fibrous foods, foods that are low in cholesterol, and healthy for your aging body. As important as a healthy diet is, regular exercise is just as important. Keeping an active body will keep you happier and healthier for longer.
These forms of alternative medical care will help aging people. Regularly getting these treatments done will make sure your aging body is healthy always.