Evolving Preventative Response to COVID-19 – March 17, 2020
As the worldwide response to COVID-19 continues to evolve—every day, even by the hour, we have new updates and mandates. With guidance from the CDC (Centers for Disease Control) , Arizona Assisted Living Association, American Health Care Association, Arizona Health Care Association, CMS (Centers for Medicare & Medicare Services), World Health Organization and Federal, State and County government and public health organizations, we are working diligently to anticipate and implement our ongoing preventative measures. As we all continue to better understand how to help slow the spread of COVID-19, we are focused on doing all we can to help protect our residents and staff at The Palazzo.
The health and wellness of our residents and staff is our top priority and because of this, we have made the difficult but necessary decision to limit resident visits to only essential visitors. We are asking all non-essential visits to be postponed to a later date. Essential visitors are clearly defined as:
- Adults over the age of 18 who are doctors, nurses, medical providers, hospice care providers, or visitors of a resident who is in the final/end stages of life
- All essential visitors must register at The Concierge desk, answer a detailed health and travel screening questionnaire and have their temperature read
- Those essential visitors that do not pass the screening process or have a fever greater than 100.4 will not be allowed to visit
- Visits should occur in resident’s room, not in common areas and follow appropriate precautionary and social distancing measures
- No other visitors will be allowed to enter The Palazzo
Because of these new mandated guidelines, we have also temporarily suspended dining in our onsite restaurants and dining rooms, and we have temporarily suspended all group activities and outings.
We have increased the frequency of our extensive and rigorous cleaning procedures even beyond our previously described updated precautionary measures. Our staff’s consistent and purposeful approach has helped reassure our residents and families that we are working around-the-clock to ensure their wellbeing.
As we navigate these new guidelines, staying connected is more important than at any time. Within our community, we are helping our residents embrace technology—setting up FaceTime and Skype options with family and friends, helping to navigate online orders or even trying out virtual classes. If you have any questions or would like to schedule time for us to facilitate a virtual meeting with your loved one, please contact our Concierge at Concierge@palazzohc.com. Thank you for your patience and understanding during these unprecedented times.
The Palazzo Management Team