Tuesday, January 19, 2021
The Palazzo has been working with AZDOH, the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS), and the Maricopa County and State of Arizona public health departments to implement preventive protocols, safety practices and contingency plans to prevent community spread.
The Palazzo residents are asked to remain on campus if possible. However, residents may leave campus for doctor appointments and other necessary appointments and they are not required to self-quarantine upon return. Masks must be worn by residents when outside of their residences and by any permitted visitors to campus at all times.
Permitted visitors and team members must undergo a wellness screening to enter the campus. A team member or resident in direct contact with a person who tested positive for COVID-19 will self-isolate for 10 days if asymptomatic or 14 days from onset of symptoms.
On December 30, 2020, more than 140 skilled nursing residents and front-line team members had the opportunity to receive a COVID-19 vaccination. On January 27, 2021, the additional 350 IL/AL/MC residents and employees will have the opportunity to receive a COVID-19 vaccination. Second doses will be administered on January 27 and February 24.
Visiting & Guidelines
- Non-essential campus visits are currently not permitted.
- A socially distant visiting area has been established near the main entrance.
- Technology and assistance for completing virtual visits is available.
- Provisions have been made for family visits during end of life.
- Masks must be worn outside of residences.
- Residents are asked to follow social distancing and sanitation guidelines when visiting common areas.
- The Main Dining Room is currently closed. Residents may pick-up their meals at The Bistro or meals may be ordered and delivered to residences.
- Activities and programs are offered virtually or in person (currently outdoor areas only), including fitness, social and entertainment.
- Assistance with ordering groceries is available from The Activities Department.
- Wellness screening at beginning of shift and health services team members undergo supplemental screening.
- Masks must be worn during shift and while on campus.
- Workers are screened at the beginning of shifts, must wear masks and follow social distancing guidelines.
This information is updated regularly as changes occur.
The Palazzo Management Team